Thursday 8 July 2010

I have found the perfect bar

Following on from my visit to Lilongwe market - see previous post, Perhaps not the best selling technique, I have now found the perfect bar to go to, unfortunately it is down in Mwanza, which is a good 90 minute drive away.

Just in case you can't read the sign "Fat Friends Bar"
We spent the weekend in Mwanza celebrating Diana's birthday, another VSO friend, who came out at the same time as myself. In true British style we had a bbq in the rain, well it was a very light drizzle, but it didn't dampen our spirits (I made sure I kept my vodka and diet coke well covered :0)sorry! In the evening we went and watched the football, I must admit to watching far too much world cup football whilst out here. This is for two reasons, one it is very exciting seeing something on a big screen, and two it is what everyone is doing out here, and unless I want to be billy no mates, I need to join in. I do however try and refrain from making comments like who is the guy in the yellow shirt, it appears that generally this is the referee. But have been known to ask who is playing in which colour, just so that I can keep up you understand. One of the sounds that I will now forever associate with Malawi, is the sound of the horns being blown all the time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nikki,

    My name is Martin and I am writing to you on behalf of a website that I am currently involved in starting up. We aim to provide prospect volunteers with all the information they need in order to feel confident in their choice of organisation, position and destination, as well as inspire people to make the jump and try out volunteering.

    As a part of that, I was wondering whether you might be interested in answering a few questions and perhaps sharing any advice you may have for people who are considering to volunteer.

    If you think you might have time to do this, I’d love to hear from you. You can reach me through info@volunteeringinfo.org, and you can view the website I’m representing at http://www.volunteeringinfo.org.

    Thanks, and keep up your amazing work!

    Martin Jonsson

    ReplyDelete