Wednesday 11 August 2010

Internet difficulties

Besides work, life and the universe for not writing much, one of the reasons that I am not very up-to-date with posting is the somewhat erratic internet connection. Have been having quite a lot of problems recently, the internet at work is not working at the moment and hasn't been for at least 3 weeks if not a month. Something wrong with the box where all the internet cables go into it. I have my own internet dongle but that didn't work for a while either as someone pinched the internet fibre optic cables and these were replaced with I am sure go much slower than usual cables. Also someone told me that the internet cables that run under the sea were cut as well. At the moment I am managing to access most things except for my email. Have not been able to get into that for most of this week – don't know why but it is really frustrating as I know there are few emails I need to reply to which are related to work and also it is the main way of being connected with people at home etc. Although no doubt when I do get access I will be extremely disappointed to find that it is just the usual circular emails etc and nothing nice to see at all, most of them will end up being deleted without being read as lovely as all the money off offers are at boots etc they are of no great use to me at the present time. If the internet were to work quickly enough I would take myself off their mailing lists, but when it can sometimes take as long as 40 minutes to be able to load and read the emails I want to read I really don't have the patience to read and get rid of the ones I don't want.

No comments:

Post a Comment